WORKING TOGETHER FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Since its inception in 1991, the Affordable Housing Conference continues to tackle affordable housing issues and their impacts, specifically on Montgomery County, MD residents.
The 23rd Annual Affordable Housing Conference of Montgomery County Summit meeting was held on May 2, 2014 at the Bethesda North Marriott Conference Center in Rockville, Maryland.
More than 500 attendees gathered to hear renowned Keynote speakers former Congressman Barney Frank and former Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling discuss housing and its impact on the national economy. Seven informative panels on housing issues included experts discussing national housing programs, transit-oriented development, redevelopment in communities surrounding Montgomery County and trends in multifamily housing.
Federal, state and local elected leaders shared their perspective on the state of affordable housing in the Washington, D.C. region and policy and housing experts weighed in on the future of affordablen the region.
A highlight of the conference included award presentations of:
- The Robert C. Weaver Housing Champion Award to the Hon. Barney Frank;
- Architectural design awards, sponsored by AHCMC’s partner Capital One;
- Closing cost assistance funds to help five local families purchase their first homes in Montgomery County, sponsored by PNC Bank, SunTrust Bank, GCAAR, Norman Dreyfuss and the state of Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development;
- The Builder of the Year award to the JBG Companies for their work in creating affordable housing in Montgomery County;
- The 2014 Partner of the Year to PNC Bank for its many contributions to expand and retain affordable housing in Montgomery County and the surrounding region; and
- The Paul Sarbanes Excellence in Community and Public Service awards to David Reznick of CohnReznick and Linda McMillan, legislative analyst for the Montgomery County Council.
The Board of Directors of the Affordable Housing Conference extends its sincere thanks to the many sponsors and attendees who made the 2014 Summit a highly successful event
The Hon. Barney Frank Gene Sperling
April 12, 2014: Industry Leader David Reznick to be Honored at May 2 Conference…More
February 27, 2014: Update on Low Income Housing Tax Credits from Cohn Reznick. Read More